Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 2 is GREAT too!

Anes' second day of recovery was another great day! WOW is the only word I have for what I see each time I visit him. He is one tough little man! He is drinking from a bottle, taking his medicines by mouth (admittedly with a little prodding for the ones that don't taste great). He is using his right hand just as before...trying to get his pacifier to his mouth. I think the right eye being swollen nearly shut is making that task a bit difficult because he can't see so well from that side. He will get it though in the days to come, as that swelling goes down and he can fully open his eye again. He was able to open it a sliver today, which was more than yesterday.

Overall, the head swelling seemed no worse today. Really, it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G just how great he looks. He was still hooked to the VEEG, but tolerating it well. Still no sign of any seizures....PRAISE GOD! Aldina was told that it would likely come off tomorrow sometime and he would be moved out of the PICU. His stats are all great. No nasal canula for oxygen today. No IVs. He is only hooked to the VEEG and the vitals monitoring leads and still with the central line. That's it! What a little champ. He doesn't fuss much at all while lying in the bed...only when being moved 'cause it hurts his little head. Aldina said he was trying to smile at Adis this afternoon and that he gave them more of his little "kiss smacks"...so sweet.

Thank you all for being such a fantastic prayer and emotional support team for Anes, Adis and Aldina. They are so thankful for everything! I wish you could all meet them and know them as I do now. They are wonderful people who have shown us all again just was great FAITH looks like. Even though I have been present for this...I still have to remind myself that this has really happened. A beautiful boy from Bosnia came to America to be treated by a surgeon and medical team who cared enough to make it happen because they felt it was the right thing to do. Almost a year after that first email from Asmir...it really has happened.

Please say a little extra prayer of "thanks" to our loving God today. He saw to it that this would happen for Anes.

In FAITH,
Holly



4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is such wonderful news. Seriously, what a wonderful story. I can't wait to see pictures! Hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your posts just make my day! We are all so happy for Anes and his family. What blessings!!!
    The Hall Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we were on Skype I spoke to him and he laughed a little:) he recognized my voice and he wanted to smile but it can be seen that it hurts him when he tries to move his head or rest of body. But he is so strong baby.

    ReplyDelete