Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Off to PICU

As I noted in the earlier post, Anes' surgery is completed. He is now in the PICU resting comfortably. Adis and Aldina were able to see him and talk with Dr. Cohen and Dr. Patel. By all accounts, everything went very well. He is still hooked to EEG to monitor for any unwanted activity, but so far things are looking great!

After work, I visited with Adis and Aldina for about an hour at the RMH. They were so relieved to have this part over and very happy with how things have gone. We hugged and celebrated today and what this means for Anes and their family. I can not tell you how wonderful this child and his family are...I am so blessed to know them! I have grown to love them all so very much.

The staff at Methodist, Dr. Cohen and Dr. Patel have been nothing short of amazing. I wish more doctors could be of this caliber, could be this generous, humble, and compassionate. They have made an impression on all of us. It is not everyday that you meet these kind of people, much less physicians with their knowledge and skill level. I know that I am forever grateful to them for helping Anes...and for doing so in such a humble manner.

Tomorrow morning I will go to see Anes with my own eyes for the first time since surgery was completed. I can not wait to see him! I have no words for how I feel right now...

Please keep Anes in your prayers in the days to come, as recovery progresses and he begins rehabilitation. This part of the war is done, but there are other battles still to be fought for Anes.

In Joy,
Holly


4 comments:

  1. Glad to know that everything went well. Our prayers continue for his speedy recovery.

    Potluri Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news, and thanks again for all of the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,

    So glad to hear that the surgery went well and Anes is doing good! Thanks so much for the updates throughout the day! Please tell Adis and Aldina that they are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Laura Rasnick

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! i was thinking of him yesterday waiting for an update

    ReplyDelete